Nutritional counseling from your family medicine doctors in Argyle, TX, can help you stay healthy and strong.
You and your body need proper nutrition to function well, but with the availability of fast food, snacks, and other tempting treats, it can be difficult to eat well. Your diet plays a huge part in your being able to fight off illnesses. Proper nutrition can also protect you from serious medical conditions, including heart disease and diabetes.
Dr. Christopher Hughes and Dr. William Musgrave of Argyle Family Practice & Aesthetics. provide a wide range of family medicine services in Argyle, TX, including nutritional counseling to help you stay healthy and strong.
There are several important factors to keep in mind when you are considering what to eat. Remember to:
- Avoid high-fat foods and substitute foods with less fat. For example, eat lean meats like turkey, fish, or chicken instead of red meat.
- Enjoy skim or low-fat dairy products instead of full-fat milk, cheese, or butter. Yogurt is an excellent source of calcium and protein that is still low in fat.
- Avoid highly processed, convenience foods and eat a more natural diet of salads and other raw foods.
- Take a multivitamin, because it will supplement your diet with the vitamins and minerals you aren’t getting from the foods you eat.
- Include a lot of vegetables and fruits in your diet. These foods are high in fiber and low in calories, so they can help you stay slim, while still feeling full.
- When choosing vegetables and fruits, go for color. Chances are the more colorful the vegetable or fruit is, the higher it is in healthy antioxidants.
- Avoid sugary or acidic drinks including sodas. Water is a great way to get enough hydration, and it contains no calories or sugar.
Proper nutrition can help you stay healthy and vigorous throughout your life. Nutritional counseling from your family medicine doctor can help you develop a diet you will enjoy.
To learn more about how family medicine in Argyle, TX, can keep you healthy and strong, call Dr. Hughes and Dr. Musgrave of Argyle Family Practice & Aesthetics. You can reach them at (940) 226 4850 today!