Annual checkups are a necessary preventative measure. Dr. Christopher Hughes of Argyle, TX, provides his patients with an annual checkup, which includes a complete evaluation of your health history, a physical exam, and tests.
You must set up an appointment with your doctor. Yearly checkups are important because they help doctors discover conditions that need treatment and find disease risk factors. Annual checkups also help manage already-existing chronic or ongoing conditions, allow doctors to keep a close eye on the effects of medicine you're taking, and stop illnesses from progressing.
Annual checkups are extremely important for pregnant women's prenatal care, STD prevention and can be used as an information session to prove much needed nutritional advice. Dr. Hughes provides these yearly checkups to ensure his patients have a long, healthy life and because he has a complete picture of your family and medical history, he can provide a holistic treatment plan and custom advice.
What type of exams and tests are provided?
- Your Argyle family doctor will ask about your medical history and lifestyle choices, like if you smoke, drink alcohol, are sexually active and/or had health issues, what your diet consists of, and if you exercise.
- He'll test your blood pressure, heart rate, respiration rate, and temperature
- Dr. Hughes will observe your general appearance, like skin color, the way you walk and your general memory, just to name a few.
- Exams conducted include: heart, lung, head and neck, abdominal, neurological, dermatological and an extremities exam.
- There are also necessary laboratory tests, like a complete blood count, a chemistry panel and a urinalysis.
Males and females need different and more specialized annual exams.
Males need the following:
- Testicular exam
- Hernia exam
- Penis and prostate exam
Females need the following:
- Breast exam
- Pelvic exam
Annual checkups are important and crucial for you and your family's health. It's a preventative measure that can stop diseases early on and is a way to monitor your overall health. If you would like to speak with Dr. Christopher Hughes of Argyle, TX, then don't hesitate to call Argyle Family Practice PA at (940) 226-4850.