Posts for tag: Exercise
Improve your health and daily function in every way by exercising regularly. At Argyle Family Practice in Argyle, TX, our physicians, Dr. William Musgrave and Dr. Christopher Hughes, promote physical activity as a mainstay of preventive health care.
Your healthy body
It needs good food, adequate hydration and regular exercise to maintain excellent function. Healthline reports that even moderate exercise just a few times a week impacts you head to toe, improving your strength, endurance, mood and more.
At Argyle Family Practice, we believe in helping our patients prevent acute diseases, such as the flu, and chronic diseases, such as hypertension and diabetes. When you come to our Argyle, TX, office, we will ask about your exercise routine, but don't worry. We are not expecting Olympic level training, but rather, aerobic exercise, such as swimming, walking or biking, three times a week for 20 to 30 minutes. Frankly, your physiological, emotional and mental health will thrive with simple movement.
The benefits of exercise
There are numerous and apply to people of all ages, medical histories and lifestyles. Here are some of the most common:
- Increased metabolic rate, physical endurance and calorie burn. If you're trying to maintain a healthy weight, exercise is crucial as it increases your heart rate, makes your breathing more efficient and increases muscle mass.
- Better flexibility and range of motion. Tired of feeling stiff? Exercise improves range of motion in every joint and reduces the impact of arthritic changes.
- Better mood. As you exercise, neurotransmitters norepinephrine and serotonin increase and are used more efficiently by the brain. Mood evens, and depressive episodes decrease. So do chronic pain and fatigue.
- Improved sleep. Science Direct reports that you'll experience better and longer sleep at night when you're active throughout the day. In fact, you will sleep better by about 65 percent.
- Efficient mental function and memory.
- Stronger muscles and bones.
- Maintenance of healthy blood pressure, blood glucose and cholesterol levels.
What are your health goals?
At Argyle Family Practice, Dr. William Musgrave and Dr. Christopher Hughes ask their patients to be proactive about their health goals--lose weight, quit tobacco, eat a nutritious diet and exercise. We look forward to your annual physical and to helping you adjust your lifestyle to prevent both chronic and acute diseases. Call our Argyle, TX, office today to make your appointment: (940) 226-4850.